Saturday 16 February 2013

New album #1



















I am very happy to announce that my new album 'Apollo' is finally available to pre-order via BANDCAMP from today.

Containing 9 brand new tracks, 'Apollo' features contributions from Zhenia Mahdi-Nau and Tim Wheater amongst others, and like all my albums, contains elements of ambient, world and dance music. While much has changed in the world during the 7 years since 'Farewell Ferengistan' came out, I would like to think that the heart and soul of my music has remained the same: I may not go to as many all night parties as I once did, but I still like to dance and make dance music; equally, I love building downtempo grooves and making music to chill out and breathe to.

A plethora of remixes are currently bubbling away in studios worldwide, with the first single, 'Wimble Toot', coming with mixes from Eat Static, 100th Monkey and Misled Convoy (Pitch Black). More info on that soon.

In the meantime, if you go to Bandcamp, you can pre-order the album as either a digital download or as a CD. Whatever format you choose, you will be able to download 3 tracks right away, with the balance (and/or the CD) being available on the day of release. The download comes with a 7 page PDF booklet plus the front and back cover, while the CD is in a lovingly designed Digipack with a 12 page booklet.

I am thinking of starting a Kickstarter campaign to see how much interest there is in printing the album on vinyl - it would be a double album in a gatefold sleeve and would probably cost about £25 plus postage.  What do you think?

Gigs are slowly trickling in and I will announce more on them soon, but for the meantime, my focus is on the album launch parties at The Zu in Lewes on Friday 12 and Inspiral Cafe in London on Saturday 13 April, as well as something rather closer to home here in Somerset (details tbc).