Monday 2 June 2008

It's small and I don't much like it

Pollen, that is. Today seems to be the first day of my annual hayfever season, it's come on really strong and really sudden and I'm not happy about it at all. I thought I might be getting away with it this year as I'm sure it normally starts earlier than this, but oh no, it's back and I'm sneezing like, er, someone with really bad hayfever.

I never even got hayfever until about four years ago, apart from literally one day when I was a kid. I've no idea why I'm getting it now but I've had to resort to nasty chemicals from the chemist as I can't blow my nose much more today without damaging an internal organ or two. I'm also seeing a homoeopath and praying they have a miracle cure but of course homoeopathy doesn't really work like that.

Oh yes, it also turns out the car crash in Turkey did a bit more damage than I thought and I have knackered wrist which the doctor tells me may be sore for up to six months. Bloody great, I love days like this...

Still, gotta keep things in perspective. If I've got hayfever it must be the start of summer and that is definitely a good thing...